What are the advantages of copper-core cable compared with aluminum core power cable?
1. Low resistivity: The resistivity of aluminum core power cable is about 1.68 times higher than that of copper-core cable.
2. Good ductility: the ductility of copper alloy is 20~40%, the ductility of electrical conductor grade copper is above 30%, while that of aluminum alloy is only 18%.
3. High strength: the allowable stress at normal temperature, copper is 7~28% higher than aluminum respectively. Especially the stress under high temperature, the difference between the two is even more far.
4. Anti-fatigue: aluminum is easy to break after repeated bending, while copper is not easy. In terms of elasticity index, copper is also about 1.7~1.8 times higher than aluminum.
5. Good stability and corrosion resistance: copper core is resistant to oxidation and corrosion, while aluminum core is easy to be oxidized and corroded.
6. Large current carrying capacity: due to the low resistivity, copper-core cable of the same section is about 30% higher than the allowable current carrying capacity (the maximum current that can pass) of aluminum core power cable.
7. Low voltage loss: due to the low resistivity of copper-core cable, the same section flows through the same current. The voltage drop of copper-core cable is small. The same transmission distance can ensure higher voltage quality; Under the condition of allowable voltage drop, copper-core cable transmission can reach a long distance, that is, the large coverage area of power supply is conducive to network planning, reduce the number of power supply points.
8. Low heating temperature: under the same current, the heating capacity of copper-core cable of the same section is much smaller than that of aluminum core power cable, making the operation safer.
9. Low energy consumption: due to the low resistivity of copper, compared with aluminum cables, the power loss of copper cables is low, which is obvious. This is conducive to improving the utilization rate of power generation and protecting the environment.
10. Oxidation resistance, corrosion resistance: Copper-core cable connector has stable performance and will not cause accidents due to oxidation. When the joint of aluminum core power cable is unstable, accidents often occur due to the increase of contact resistance caused by oxidation and heating. Therefore, the accident rate is much higher than that of copper-core cable.
11. Convenient construction:
The copper core is flexible and the allowable bending radius is small, so it is convenient to turn and pass through the tube; Copper core anti-fatigue, repeated bending is not easy to break, so the wiring is convenient;
The mechanical strength is higher than that of the copper core, and it can bear larger mechanical tension, which brings great convenience to the construction and laying, and also creates conditions for mechanized construction.