What are the advantages of copper core cable over aluminum core cable?
1. Low resistivity: the resistivity of aluminum core cable is about 1.68 times higher than that of copper core cable.
2. Good ductility: the ductility of copper alloy is 20 ~ 40%, that of electrical copper is more than 30%, and that of aluminum alloy is only 18%.
3. High strength: the allowable stress of copper is 7 ~ 28% higher than that of aluminum at room temperature. Especially the stress at high temperature, the difference between the two is very far.
4. Fatigue resistance: aluminum is easy to break after repeated bending, while copper is not. In terms of elasticity index, copper is also about 1.7 ~ 1.8 times higher than aluminum. (low voltage power cable, medinum voltage power cable)
5. Good stability and corrosion resistance: copper core is resistant to oxidation and corrosion, while aluminum core is vulnerable to oxidation and corrosion.
6. Large current carrying capacity: due to low resistivity, the allowable current carrying capacity (maximum current that can be passed) of copper core cable with the same section is about 30% higher than that of aluminum core cable
7. Low voltage loss: due to the low resistivity of copper core cable, when the same current flows through the same section. The voltage drop of copper core cable is small. The same transmission distance can ensure high voltage quality; Under the condition of allowable voltage drop, the transmission of copper core cable can reach a long distance, that is, the power supply coverage area is large, which is conducive to network planning and reduce the number of power supply points.
8. Low heating temperature: under the same current, the heating capacity of copper core cable with the same section is much smaller than that of aluminum core cable, making the operation safer. (Aluminum conductor steel reinforced, ACSR)
9. Low energy consumption: due to the low resistivity of copper, compared with aluminum cable, the power loss of copper cable is low, which is obvious. This is conducive to improving the utilization rate of power generation and protecting the environment.
10. Oxidation resistance and corrosion resistance: the connector of copper core cable has stable performance and will not cause accidents due to oxidation. The joint of aluminum core cable is unstable, and accidents often occur due to the increase of contact resistance and heating due to oxidation. Therefore, the accident rate is much higher than that of copper core cable.
11. Convenient construction:
The copper core has good flexibility and small allowable bending radius, so it is convenient to turn and pass through the pipe;
The copper core is anti fatigue and not easy to break after repeated bending, so the wiring is convenient;
The copper core has high mechanical strength and can bear large mechanical tension, which not only brings great convenience to the construction and laying, but also creates conditions for mechanized construction. (overhead insulated cable, electrical control cable)